Well, the answer is that there is a new meme doing the rounds and it’s catchy.
This is what you will see coming through the newsfeed.
I have had to change my profile to a giraffe. I tried to answer a riddle and got it wrong.
Try the great giraffe challenge!
The deal is I give you a riddle….
You get it right, you keep your profile pic!
You get it wrong, you change your profile pic to a giraffe for the next three days!
PM ME YOUR ANSWERS !! (Please no spoilers or giving away the answer !)
Here is the riddle:
It’s 3am. You’re asleep. The doorbell rings and you wake up. It’s your parents and they are here for breakfast. You have strawberry jam, honey, wine, bread and cheese. What is the first thing you open ?
Why has the meme spread so quickly?
- It’s pure and simple fun.
- People love to be right when others are wrong.
- We love a challenge.
- It was the weekend so most people took time away from their businesses so they were able to play.
- When your friends do it it’s hard to resist following.
- It’s very, very easy to share.
Imagine if you could harness that power to benefit your business?
It is possible to do. Just think about I Can Haz Cheezeburger - everyone knows lolcats - or the strange bra colour/where do you put your handbag memes going around in support of breast cancer awareness and research. What about the Betty White image with what ir purported to be a quote or the Old Spice Man memes?
Nodding your head in recognition, yet?
Next time you see a meme that is bringing a lot of attention through shares or comments, take a closer look at it. How could you vary this meme so that it appeals to your target clients and brings you to their attention? What image, message or fun idea can you create?
Just keep these points in mind before you release the meme to your Facebook world:
- It has to be relevant to your business.
- It must not be distasteful.
- Your target group must be instantly able to “get it”.
- Keep the topic current so it is more likely to be noticed and shared.
- If it’s funny or prods the conscience in some way it will have a better response.
- Check your timing and be sure you release it when people are likely to be watching.
Now go out there and start sharing. Tag your friends or the movers and shakers among your followers and off it goes.